dest

ATLANTA, GEORGIA—Looks like the days of United States Men’s Soccer Team (USMNT) member Sergino Dest as a player of FC Barcelona are about to end in 2022.
According to the reports, Dest, a defender is one of the players Barcelona is prepared to listen to offers for in January to help fund other signings.
Given the struggles the club has encountered finding new clubs for the likes of Philippe Coutinho, Samuel Umtiti, and Neto in recent transfer windows, sources said that Barca is now open to offers for players they previously wanted to keep.
Dest, 21, is someone who fits that category, with sources saying Bayern Munich is one of the clubs interested in the USMNT international.
Barca signed Dest from Ajax for €20 million in 2020, beating Bayern to his signature. The German club has remained in contact with the player since, though, and sounded out a loan move earlier this year with an option to make the deal permanent next summer for around €25m.
Earlier, Sergino Dest was shocked when Argentine striker Lionel Messi decided to leave Barca.
Dest said it feels “weird” without Messi following his move to Paris Saint-Germain.
The American who spent a year playing with Messi last year revealed that playing with his former teammate is a memorable experience for him.
“I was shocked a little bit because everyone wanted him to stay at the club,” Dest said.
“He’s the best player in the world. It was a shock for everyone,” Dest added.
Dest said without Messi the team needs to work harder if they wish to perform well in La Liga this year.
But I think if we play collectively and keep the chemistry high, we can achieve a lot,” he said.
Barca will play their first competitive match since Messi’s departure when they kick off their 2021-22 LaLiga campaign against Real Sociedad on Sunday.
Messi, 34, signed a two-year contract at PSG after he was told he could no longer stay at Barca due to the club’s inability to meet LaLiga’s wage restrictions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.