MANCINI SAYS HE WILL ALLOW CARLOS TEVEZ TO RETURN TO THE TEAM!
MANCHESTER, England (AP)—Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he will allow Carlos Tevez to return to the team if the Argentina striker can prove his fitness.
Tevez was included Thursday in City’s Premier League squad for the rest of the season after failing to secure a move away from the league leaders in the January transfer window.
Currently in Argentina without permission from the club, Tevez hasn’t featured for City since September and Mancini said last month it would be “impossible” for the 27-year-old striker to play for the team again.
However, the Italian coach’s stance has altered with Mancini saying Friday “Carlos is not an option at the moment but it is possible in the future … if he comes back and he is fit, it is possible.”