lukaku

ATLANTA, GEORGIA—Belgian soccer star Romelu Lukaku has no intention of leaving Inter Milan despite the recent departure of head coach Antonio Conte three weeks after they won their first Serie A title in 11 years.
In a recent talk with the media, Lukaku said he will remain with Inter Milan and will not transfer to Champions League winners Chelsea.
The Belgian forward was recently named as the league’s Most Valuable Player after bagging 24 goals and 11 assists, beating Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo to the award.
Lukaku, 28 has a contract at Inter Milan until June 24 also revealed that he had already talked to the new coach of the team.
“I’ve already had contact with the man who normally becomes our new manager,” Lukaku said.
He revealed that he is more focused now training hard so that they can successfully defend their title next year.
“There’s also the challenge of doing it again [winning the league],” he said.
Sources from the Italian media said Simone Inzaghi, who is set to leave Lazio when his contract expires at the end of the month, has agreed to a two-year deal to coach Inter.

By bob

A veteran soccer journalist who is an avid fan of Atlanta United and Lionel Messi.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *