The DSC March tournament is in tribute to Ray Thompsett, soccer pioneer. Ray began soccer in Rock Hill in the late 70’s filling the need of many to start organized soccer leagues. His u12 team ‘the Coca Cola Kickers’ was the first Rock Hill team to be registered with SC Youth Soccer. Ray moved out of SC and on to FL, TN and into all 3 state’s Hall of Fame. He became increasingly involved in Youth Soccer by accepting a position as Region 3 Director, then US Youth Soccer Executive Director.
We are proud to honor Ray with a tournament in his name.
Why attend our tournament?
· State of the Art Facilities- Manchester Meadows Soccer Complex in Rock Hill, SC was chosen by US Youth Soccer for the National Championships in July 2012. Come play on the same fields as the best in the country!
· Manchester Meadows Soccer Complex, with 8 lighted fields- 2 are stadium turf, is located minutes from I-77
· 2 Concession and 2 Restroom facilities at the fields
· Playground Pavilion with picnic table seating
· Covered Lake Pavilion with picnic table seating
· Walking Trails
· Restaurants, Hotels and Entertainment within a 2 mile radius of the complex
· EMT personnel on site, with Urgent Care across the street, and a full service Hospital within 2 miles
· Great Competition- our Fall tournament had 110 teams attend
· Outstanding teamwork within our Club and the City of Rock Hill to provide your team the best tournament experience.
It would be our pleasure to host your team March 24-25 for the Ray Thompsett Invitational.
General Info: U9 and U10 Boys and Girls: 6 v 6 – $425 U11 and U12 Boys and Girls: 8v8 – $450 U12 Boys and Girls: 11v11- $475 U13 and U14 Boys and Girls: 11v11- $475 Clubs that bring 7 teams or more receive a $50 per team discount. Venue: Manchester Meadows Soccer Complex Application and Payment Deadline: March 10, 2012