I play for a team that is part of the Rovers club, we have six (6) teams, three (3) in the Cobb Adult Soccer League (CASL) [http://www.CobbSoccer.com] and three (yes 3) that play in a City of Roswell league [http://www.RoswellSoccerClub.com]. The teams are named: “Green,” “Orange,” “White,” “Masters,” “Red,” and “Chrome.”
I thought I would list some playing options in Atlanta. Here at AtantaSoccerNews.com, you can find links to the ADASL (Atlanta District Adult Soccer League), which is an open age league with three divisions and competitive play.
– The City of Roswell has competitive leagues in Over-30 and Over-50 age groups. Typical game times are Sundays at 1, 3, or 5pm.
– Wall 2 Wall Sports in Milton, near Alpharetta and Roswell, also offer playing opportunities. Wall2Wall has a popular Tuesday coed where some can play with their adult children.
– The CASL (Cobb) league has many leagues and a few fields open to teams for training.
– Stars Soccer Club (StarsSoccerClub.com) has open and co-ed indoor and outdoor.
– Wolfs Indoor has open, O30.
– Marietta Indoor Soccer is open.
– Silverbacks Park, near spaghetti junction at I-85 and I-285, has play every night of the week, many divisions and age groups including open, O30 and O40. Monday night is the 40s league
– Some Cobb guys play at Legacy Park at 8am on Saturdays, year round.
– There are random pick-up practices where nobody sits on the bench, everybody plays the whole time. These practices last close to 2 hours, so more playing time. However, to find out where these happen, you might have to find a team to play with that attends these.
Those are not complete, but a start. If you have suggestions about good leagues or places to play, please add them with a comment.
Jim Caruso, MediaFirst
P.S. “Like” the Father Christmas Cup on Facebook, Facebook.com/FXCup
Read about Father Christmas Cup